The Ultimate Guide to Renovation
1. Who We Are
The Ultimate Guide to Renovation (referred to as ‘TUGR’) is the name of the web site relating to the services and materials supplied through this web site, which are owned by either Your Property Success Pty Limited ACN 147 622 651 (YPS) or Your Success Solutions Pty Ltd ACN 605 864 873 (YSS). Investors Choice Mortgages Pty Ltd, ACN 113 572 713, (‘ICM’) and Your Success Australia Pty Limited ACN 605 866 788 (“YSA”) are a related entities to YPS. Some information, data and materials are shared among YPS, YSS and ICM and YSA. Particularly where YSS shares information with the other entities referred to above, each of those entities agree to be bound by the same Privacy rules principles and obligations. The above entities are referred to as the ‘Group’.
YSS is the company which operates and owns this Site. The terms ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘Company’ and ‘YSS’ refers to YSS.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us here:
Post: PO Box 622, Carlton South 3053 Vic
Phone: 1300 96 36 46
2. Our Commitment to Privacy
3. Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact you e.g. account registration information.
If you visit the Site, your web-browser automatically discloses, and YSS's web-server automatically logs, the following information: the date and time, the IP address from which you issued the request, the type of browser, screen resolution and operating system you are using, the URL of any page that referred you to the page, the URL you requested and whether your request was successful. This information may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
4. What personal information we collect
When you access the Site as a User or register as a Registered Subscriber we may collect a variety of personal information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences and credit card details.
5. Your personal information
- Your personal information is securely stored and may be accessed on our website. You will use your email address as your username and you will be given a password to become a Registered Account Holder you may change the password – both are needed to use the services of the Site and to access your contact information. Please safeguard your password in a secure location, as we are not responsible for breaches into the system when access is willingly provided.
- When you become a Registered User and make a payment on the YSS website, we collect personal information such as name, billing information, credit card details, address, phone number and other personal information to provide the services you request, process payment and communicate the status of your payment.
- Credit card information collected for payments subscription is used via eway and Paypal to process your payment and is not retained on our Site.
- Any personal information we collect allows us to keep you updated via newsletters and other marketing information on YSS’s, and the Group’s updates and latest rewards offered by YSS and its associated entities and any upcoming events associated with the Site or YSS. It also helps us to improve our services, content, marketing and advertising. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about our products and services, payments and new services offered by the Group and associated companies, as well as any changes to our terms, conditions and policies on the Site.
6. Where YSS collects your information from sources other than you, it undertakes:
- to do so only by legal means;
- to do so only with your consent; and
- to declare to you what sources it uses and under what circumstances.
7. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following is an example of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as postcode; location; and the time zone where YSS is used so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our content, services and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
8. Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system and date/time stamp. If you do not wish to transmit “cookie” information about yourself, you may turn off the cookie function in your web browser.
We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the Site, to learn about user behaviour on the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. This information may be used in our marketing and advertising services.
9. Disclosure to Third Parties
YSS may make certain personal information available to the Group and certain strategic partners which include, social media operators to provide products and services, or that help YSS market to customers. We also have referral partners that we recommend at time to time you may receive promotions or material from us about their services, we will not give them your data to market to you directly.
10. Service Providers
YSS shares personal information with Your Property Success Pty Limited, Your Success Australia Pty Limited, Investor’s Choice Mortgages Pty Limited as strategic partners and also with companies who provide services such as information processing, credit card payment providers, fulfilling reward packages, delivering YSS-related products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
11. Circumstances of Disclosure of Personal Information
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for YSS to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganisation, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
12. Protection of Personal Information
YSS takes precautions — including administrative, technical and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We use firewalls, anti-virus software and our third party software providers have their own procedures and standards to keep your information safe.
YSS undertakes to store and transmit your information in a manner that ensures security against unauthorised access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
YSS undertakes to implement appropriate measures to ensure security of your information against inappropriate behaviour by YSS's staff-members and contractors. These include:
- training for staff in relation to privacy;
- access control, to limit access to your information to those staff and contractors who have legitimate reasons to access it;
- particularly in the case of sensitive data, audit trails of accesses, including the identities of staff and contractors accessing the data;
- reminders to staff and contractors from time to time about the importance of data privacy and the consequences of inappropriate behaviour;
- declaration of appropriately strong sanctions that are to be applied in the event of inappropriate behaviour
- clear communication of policies and sanctions; and
- processes to audit, to investigate and to impose sanctions.
13. Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, YSS undertakes:
- to retain your information only as long as is consistent with its purpose; and
- to destroy your information when its purpose has expired, and to do so in such a manner that your information is not subsequently capable of being recovered.
This undertaking is qualified as follows:
Your information may be retained in YSS’s logs, backups and audit trails within short-term retention cycles that are devised to protect our operations. In such cases, your information will be destroyed in accordance with those cycles;
- Your information may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if that is required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or subpoena, or a warning by a law enforcement agency that delivery of a court order is imminent. In these circumstances, YSS:
- will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to you that your information is being retained, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
- will only retain your information while that provision is current, and will then destroy your information;
- Your information may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose in our database for marketing purposes (such as for the purposes of social media marketing or email marketing) unless you opt out; if it is authorised by law (in particular to protect YSS's interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that you have failed to fulfil your undertakings to YSS or have committed a breach of the criminal law). In these circumstances, YSS will only retain your information while that situation is current and will then destroy your information.
14. Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete and up to date by logging in to your account on the website at www.ultimtateguidetorenovation com.au or www.yourpropertysuccess.com.au
YSS undertakes to provide you with access to your information, subject to only such conditions and processes as are reasonable in the circumstances. In particular, YSS undertakes to enable access:
- without unreasonable delay; and
- without cost.
YSS undertakes to establish and operate identity authentication protections for access to your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, but practical. This may involve some inconvenience; for example, relatively straightforward procedures may be involved in order to provide you with access through a channel that you have previously registered with YSS (such as a particular email-address), but may impose more onerous procedures if you wish to use some other channel.
In the event that you dispute some aspect of your information, YSS undertakes to take reasonable steps in relation to the amendment, supplementation or deletion of your information.
- not to seek access for frivolous purposes or unreasonably frequently; and
- to accept that deletion of some data may not be consistent with the provision of particular services by YSS to you.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 18 years old we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
16. Location-Based Services
To provide location-based services for YSS, YSS and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by YSS and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
17. Third-Party Sites and Services
The Site, products, applications and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
- to provide one or more channels for communications to YSS, which are convenient to users;
- to promptly provide acknowledgement of the receipt of communications, including the provision of a copy of the communication, the date and time it was registered, and YSS's reference-code for the communication;
- to promptly provide a response to the communication, in an appropriate and meaningful manner.
You undertake to not pursue YSS through any regulator or the media:
- until and unless YSS has had a reasonable opportunity to respond to the initial communication; and
- while YSS and you are conducting a meaningful dialogue about the matter.
19. Transfer out of Australia
The Site is not hosted in Australia. For that reason, we transfer all data on the Site (including all personal information) to our hosting service provider in USA, Australia and other countries as the hosting company chooses to maximise their server capability. You hereby consent to this transfer.